• System is capable of working under HVAF or HVOF mode to spray particles of size range -53/+5 (5 to 60 µm) microns at high supersonic velocities upto 1000 m/s while heating the particles up to 1800 - 2000 °C. .
• An auxiliary supersonic HVAF (80 kw or above) torch is capable of spraying low melting point metals and alloys such as Copper, Aluminium alloys etc.
• The deposited coatings exhibit lowest porosity (less than 0.5%) and high hardness for typical cermet type of coatings.
Resolution/Specification: This facility is capable of producing dense coating while generating a higher particle velocity.
List of Facilities:
• Facility includes High Velocity Air Fuel (HVAF) Spray System convertible to High Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) mode to deposit dry powders.
• The facility includes supersonic HVAF (200 kW or above) torch, PLC-controlled console unit for operating the torch as well as powder feeding, and other accessories used for generating wide range of coatings including metals, alloys and cermets of micron-sized particles.
List of Application’s:
• Heavy abrasion and erosion resistance of pump impellers, piping etc.
• Sliding wear resistance of shafts, hydraulic rods, centrifugal screens etc.
• Cavitation resistance of impellers and hydro turbine blades and vanes.